You are 3 steps from working at Riverbed Technology!
Full time positions – Work onsite in Sunnyvale or San Francisco,California
80 of the 100 largest corporations in the world are using Riverbed’s Steelhead appliance http://www.riverbed.com/us/products/steelhead_appliance/
Need a job? Looking for an exciting career? Start-up type environment.
Mobile: 925.817.0563 Desk: 415.247.6340
Run applications up to 100 times faster over your WAN, reduce network traffic by up to 95%, and collaborate anywhere as if you were in the same room- you can! Riverbed Technology is the IT infrastructure performance company. The Riverbed family of wide area network (WAN) optimization solutions and end to end network and application visibility liberates businesses from common IT constraints.
1 C/C++ Developer Configuration Management
2 C/C++ Developer Linux/Networking
4 QA Engineer Network Integration
ONE Software Engineer – Configuration Management (New Products)
- Design software including appliance configuration management and control systems.
- Development responsibilities include multiple layers from the OS to the UI, user interface.
- Market product requirements, release product on time and ensure successful shipping of projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience or equivelant degrees
- C/C++ programming
- Multi-threaded programming
- Linux/UNIX system level programming and platform knowledge
- Debugging tools including GDB
- Prefer experience in networking and protocols
- Prefer experience in storage related protocols such as CIFS, NFS, iSCSI
- Prefer experience in Python
TWO Software Engineer – Linux/Networking
Responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the network integration part of Riverbed Technology’s products. Will work with a team to implement the features that allow our products to work with the diverse networks our customer have, from a small office to a large redundant data center. Familiar with linux kernel programming and networking in general. Requires a BS in CS/EE with at least 2 years of programming experience. MS preferred.
- Strong C/C++, Assembly
- Experience with programming Linux kernel modules and device drivers
- Experience with Linux TCP/IP stack
- Knowledge of socket programming, multithreaded programming
- Knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Familiar with Routers, Switches, NAT devices, Proxies, Firewalls
Three Software Engineer – Web User Interface
Experience and Requirements must include:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering Degree
- Min 2 years exp in the UI design and Software Engineering
- We’re seeking applicants who have a strong technical background and a passion for user experience. We want you to be a key player in the UI design so you must enjoy sketching many iterations of wireframes and workflows
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a strong portfolio of interaction design work.
Four QA Engineer Network Integration
Seeking mid to senior level QA engineers to work on our Cloud Steelhead product which accelerates access to cloud services like IaaS and SaaS. Our Steelhead product solves these bandwidth and latency issues using the same award winning technology found in our market leading Steelhead appliances which are used in data centers all over the world today. This candidate will be working on not only the Cloud Steelhead but also Riverbed’s Cloud Portal which provides an easy way to manage Cloud Steelhead deployments.
The QA Engineer/Software Engineer will have a solid background in IP network device testing, and with recent experience in scripting and/or programming (Perl, Python, PHP, TCL, Ruby, C/C++, Java, etc). The position requires a significant amount of time programming (automating tests or developing tools to assist in testing). We believe that delivering a quality product requires an investment in good software tools and automation, adds to the challenge of QA engineering, and we want to hire people who share this belief.
- Develop, extend, execute, and analyze regression, functional and performance test plans and automation for our products and network integration components.
- Utilize understanding of networks and network protocols, as well as programming skills, to analyze TCP/IP network traces to find implementation problems, compliance problems, and performance problems with the network integration components of the Riverbed appliance.
- Identify, setup, test, and troubleshoot various permutations of software/hardware/network configurations.
- Develop tools, scripts, and programs to implement test automation, using a powerful collection of in-house frameworks and tools and a fully VLAN-switched lab.
- Strong experience with Perl, Python, PHP, TCL, Ruby, C/C++, or Java scripting and/or programming.
- Strong experience with IP networking and protocols (TCP/IP, GRE, WCCP, Policy-based routing, L4 switching, etc).
- Strong experience working with networking appliances devices and tools (managed switches, routers, caches, Wireshark, Ixia,Spirent Smartbits, etc).
- Strong logical debugging skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good written communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with Linux/Unix.
Mobile: 925.817.0563 Desk: 415.247.6340